Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Docket.

We were gone all weekend, which meant that yesterday was a catch-up day, which in turns means that today is a make-up day. We are out of milk and yogurt, bread, deodorant and wet wipes. Wal-Mart here we come.

Whenever I feel a big to-do list coming on, I go a little nuts. You see, I tend to pile up everything there is to do eventually into a to-do list that needs to be done right now.

At some point this morning between using Mark's Old Spice and debating whether or not Pasta Roni was an appropriate breakfast, I started  thinking about how I need to get working on acquiring that changing table I wanted for baby #3, how I might need to start searching for some dreaded decent nursing bras, or transitioning Paul from his crib to a bed, and weaning him from bottles, how I need a carseat that's not recalled, and how this baby needs a name, and, and, and, and...so much!

This is what 30 weeks looks like. Homestretch, people. Like I said, I go a little nuts.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I think you and I need the "30 week" support group!

Erin said...

Haven't I heard about one sweet little boy name for two pregnancies now? Isn't it time to use it? :-)

Mallory said...

Refresh my memory, Erin. Are you thinking of "Gregory," or a different name.

Each pregnancy we've had totally different...um...tastes? We've had different name choices each time. Our girl names are tried, true, and ready to go, but round three of boys is really stumping us.

We would LIKE to do something, um, a little less predictable and NOT name him John. We're trying, really, to come up with something, but so far he is just known as Baby Scottie. Scottie is not his name (for sure) it's just better than "It baby."

Erin said...

That's the one I was thinking of.

I love that you call the baby something different while you wait to meet him. Baby Scottie is far more appropriate then what I was saddled with: "Skeletor" and "MacGyver" respectively. Can you think of anyone besides my husband who could, with a straight face, announce that is brand new baby girl will be named Skeletor? Okay, maybe your husband could pull it off... :-)

Mallory said...

There are no Skeletors in our future, but it seems that with each pregnancy I've really had to fight off the ethnic urge with Mark. Yes, I SUPPOSE we're kinda, sorta Scandinavian, but that doesn't mean that I want a child named Steig, Lars, or Bjorn.

At least when your husband says that his baby girl's name is Skeletor they know he's joking... ;-) .

Google