Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Could it be?

Remember when I posted about my coffee creamer addiction? Well, I'm on the wagon, or off the horse, or whatever the expression is. I'm drinking it again. After giving it up for a month, I'm right back where I started.

My justification was easy: I'm pregnant, and I enjoy coffee oh so much, that don't I deserve that little bit of wonderfulness in the morning before I'm released to the hounds? I attest that I do!

Well, this weekend while perusing a copy of Family Circle, I came a across an advertisement that spoke to me.

"Did you know that most Coffee Mate drinkers think that their creamer is made of actual cream?"

It does say it right on the box, you know, on the back, hidden, in the same place where it says it's full of trans fat and soyean oil. Then it revealed a product so top secret that I can't even find a picture on the internet to post on my blog!

But, there is a teaser website.

Could it be, actual creamer, made from actual cream, from cows no less? Flavored?!

I went out and bought some today. I'll post the verdict tomorrow.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have never had the creamer, but the yogurt is excellent!

Sarah said...

Dear Hesitant Homemaker - You crack me up . . . and I greatly appreciate it! Thank you for adding such joy to my days!! Have some cream for me since I'm dairy-free :)

Theresa said...

I've gone through a few different flavors of this "new creamer". It's good. Not nearly as sweet as CoffeeMate, but definitely a nice change.
Curious to know what you think....

Mallory said...

So...I had tried the La Creme in my coffee this morning, and I have to say that I REALLY enjoyed it. I'm battling a big cold right now, so things are tasting and smelling unusual to me, but this was very good as far as I could tell. The difference is immediate--you can smell and taste right away that it is real cream.

The only problem I foresee with this creamer is that it doesn't come in a half gallon (yet). The small container though was a bit cheaper than the CoffeeMate.

I wouldn't say this lightly, but this just MIGHT be my ticket!

Theresa said...

YAY!!!! so happy to hear you liked it. the thing that i noticed right away aside from the taste is the texture. it is much creamier/thicker than coffeemate and i didn't use nearly as much.

mmmmm.....hail le creme!

Google