Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Predictions

My due date is March 31st. Luke's concept of time is that Baby's "Happy Birthday" is in March, along with Mommy's. To preface what happened today I have to explain that Luke, for two and a half, is pretty good with numbers. He counts everything and can concentrate for long periods by lining up objects and counting them. Even with this fascination he is limited to a one-to-one correspondence between 11 and 15. So, I was shocked this afternoon when Mark and Luke had this dialogue.

"Luke, when is our baby going to be born?"
"Baby's Happy Birthday in March."
"Yes, I know, but what day in March?"
"Twenty-Two."

Both Mark and I looked at each other, jaw-dropped at how much sense Luke made without him knowing how accurate his prediction might be. We were both a little perplexed at where he heard the number twenty-two, because even for liking numbers, Luke's certainly not counting that high yet.

There's Luke's two cents. We'll see if he's right. I'm posting this as proof of his prediction.

No comments:

Google