Monday, February 2, 2009

Mom Jeans

We might buy a minivan tonight. Wow. I'm totally excited but admittedly a little freaked out at my excitement to be in the minivan stage of life. I keep thinking of all the wonderful ways a minivan would make my life easier, for instance, sliding one door open and putting the kids and groceries inside instead of having to go to a different end of the car for each. It's almost too much to handle. 

Like many things, I didn't wake up one day and decide I wanted to be a minivan mom, it came as a process of throwing glamour out the window and replacing it with practicality and efficiency. 

There are other temptations lurking out there, I want desperately to cut my hair again like I did right before Luke was born, and I have left the house with a long braid and ankle length denim skirt. I am not proud, but I did what I had to do. 

Is the tapered leg far off? It goes hand and hand with a Town & Country

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Lol! Oh how true it is! You'll love a minivan and even find it cool to cruise around in practical style . . . minus the tapered legs.

Anonymous said...

Oooh! I'm excited! Lemme know when you are sporting some new wheels! I must go bumper sticker shopping... Luke isn't an honor student (yet), so I think I will look for one that says: "My 2-year old does 100 piece jigsaw puzzles".

Mallory said...

We didn't get it last night, although it's still on the table. Mark is wheeling-and-dealing and we're waiting for the salesman to call him today to see if he can get it down to the price we want. It's a nice van though, really. It has spokes in the back to hang grocery bags and two built-in carseats. *aaahhh*

Google