Monday, March 7, 2011

Back in the Nest.

Good Morning, and Happy Monday. Life begins as usual today, the first time in over a week. Being out of town for a week was both restful, but also a bit restless at times, out of our daily grind. However, I am truly thankful for the time away I was able to enjoy. I can say honestly now that I am energized more than I thought I would be at the stage of my pregnancy.

Before we left last week, I was feeling a lot of pressure from myself. There's so much to do, and I have the time to do, but I've really lacked the motivation to want to do it. When's that nesting instinct supposed to kick in? I decided that instead of fretting over everything that I would at least write down the tasks ahead of us for the next six weeks. I easily filled up one piece of paper...and then another, and then diligently taped them on the kitchen cupboard as a reminder.

When returned home yesterday I felt a surge of energy to get working on the list. The list includes smalls tasks like making soup and buying freezer bags, but then larger ones like switching entire bedrooms around. Phew. And, as I map out a plan to get started on the list, I'm beginning to realize all of things that I've forgotten.
A glimpse of my list.

 I selected my "Nesting" tasks for this week already. For this week: double batches of Chicken Wild Rice Soup, Mashed Potatoes (like the ones below), and bleaching cloth diapers. Added to our grocery list are a start to the many baby items that we will be collecting the next few weeks.

Here's to productive week!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hooray!!

Theresa said...

Welcome back rested Mama!!! I missed you.

Google