Thursday, January 27, 2011

Simple.

Have I mentioned that it's cold here? Or that the snow comes above my waist? Or that today the fog was so bad I was advised not to leave the house?

While my little boys watch Sesame Street this morning, I'm finding joy in the minute, simple pleasures that can turn my day attitude around to be content in this house, in this place, with these people, at this moment.

I made a pitcher of water with a whole lemon sliced into it. I'm adding honey to my tea. I'm wearing my hair down (literally) and putting Mozart on the iPod.

I'm going to force the children to listen to When We Were Young instead of reading Spiderman Saves the Day for the fortieth time today.

I might make some muffins, or soup, or both. If it's not warm and cozy, at least I can make it feel like it's warm and cozy.

Off to turn on the curling iron and preheat the oven...

No comments:

Google