Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Patience

My toddler is slowly becoming a little boy. He's sweet, affectionate, and good natured. He sleeps through the night, takes a great nap, and eats anything I give him. But sometimes he's nuts!! His curiosity, combined with limit testing makes for interesting days.

I've been noticing more frequently that Luke notices everything I do. If I'm doing dishes, he has to do dishes. If I'm cleaning the toilet, he has to clean the toilet. If I'm showering, he needs to shower. These little imitations of wanting to 'be big' are pretty cute most of the time. However, when I'm packing our apartment and Luke jumps in every box trying to help by putting toys cars in the box of summer clothes, it can get overwhelming.

When I'm so concentrated on getting my own things done, it can be difficult to not get frustrated with the little interruptions. I suppose it's also appropriate to mention that while I write this post I have a toddler climbing all over me, patting my back, and giving kisses while I constantly give reminders for him not to touch the computer screen. Such is life, but I'll take what I can get.

Patience, Patience, Patience. Everything will get done, even if it takes twice the time. Someday he'll be a great at packing, dishes, and cleaning the toilet.

No comments:

Google