Thursday, March 27, 2008

Confessions

I admit that this year I went a little overboard with Easter candy. I don't have much of a sweet tooth and if I'm going to eat junk I'd rather eat Doritos than M&M's, but you wouldn't believe it the past week.

Both Mark and I got a little excited making Easter baskets this year. Combined with the treats from Luke's two sets of Grandparents, and one set of Great-Grandparents, we've been eating chocolate morning, noon and night.

I can't give you exact numbers, but yesterday I ate A LOT of Cadbury Eggs, Reese's PB cups, mini Twix, Easter Nerds, Jelly Beans, and broken off pieces of that solid milk chocolate Easter Bunny that I've been working on for days. Top that off with three diet cokes and I'm toast.

Having admitted all of that, I have been eating my Steel-Cut Oatmeal for breakfast and taking a multivitamin. Dr. Oz would be proud. Still, no excuses.

Today we're through. As good as it all looks I'm throwing out all of the candy and going back to Lenten sacrifice of one Diet Coke per day. It's for the best, really. I might get a migraine today from sugar withrdrawl, but it's what I deserve for my behavior.

Poor Luke thinks the jelly beans trapped in the couch cushions are a game of hide and seek, and I'm starting to have that guilty feeling everytime I look at the treadmill.

2 comments:

The mom said...

I appreciate this post because it makes me feel not so bad about all the garbage I have been eating since Easter :) All that is left is half a giant chocolate egg... I finished off a cake and the jelly beans earlier today :)

Mallory said...

Ha ha! Yeah, we all have those days where the only things that taste good are candy or chips. Whoops!

Google