Tuesday, January 5, 2010

It's too cold.

It's cold here..waaaaaay cold. Leaving the house, while possible, requires so much preparation that we're staying in today. After a few days of starting the car twenty minutes early, bundling the kids, packing the car with emergency boots, snow pants and hats, I'm giving it and a rest and staying at home.

It's weird.

I can't remember the last time we stayed 'put' for an entire day. It's only 11:15am and I'm already running out of ideas! We have watched television, colored, made muffins, did preschool worksheets, and played dinosaurs.

On my end, I am nearly finished with undecorating (and you KNOW I had to be bored to get that done). I am stripping and bleaching the cloth diapers and deep cleaning our coffee maker with cycles of vinegar.

I'd say we're bored. That, and detoxing from the hustle and bustle of Christmas. Is it that we've forgotten how to 'live' in our house, or are we appropriately experiencing the inevitable Cabin Fever when the thermometer dips to -20 below?

No joke, I'm taking out the glue sticks and play dough if this keeps up. If anything, it will give me a good story to blog about ;) .

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, I soooo understand what you are going through. I live in PEI, Canada and winters are loooong and coooold. It gets very boring day-after-day with a toddler in an apartment! We try to get out at least once a day but it isn't always practical.

Mallory said...

Oh yes, apartment living! We lived in an apartment until our oldest was two, and in the winter it was really challenging! In the middle of St. Paul, I took him to walk around Target nearly everyday. We went to the library a lot, and sometimes I would take him to McDonald's just to play on the jungle gym!

And when we couldn't go anywhere, I would just resort to jumping on couch cushions or dancing around the living room. Actually, we'll probably do both of those things today!

Good luck!

Google