Friday, May 1, 2009

Flylady Follow-Up

After some brainstorming and calculated thought I've got a start to my home-organizing/cleaning schedule.

Every weekday has assigned tasks that are apart from everyday mandatory tasks, which is why dishes, cleaning the kitchen, and laundry are not on my schedule, because they are done everyday without me needing a reminder.

Also, I'm going to try and do this without having to assign tasks on the weekend (with the exception of the kitchen and laundry). My theory is that if I put in my working hours during the week, just like a regular job, than I shouldn't need to work on the weekend.

Monday: Mop floor
Tuesday: Vacuum upstairs/downstairs family rooms
Wednesday: Dust, clean downstairs bathroom
Thursday: Clean upstairs bathroom, empty wastebaskets
Friday: Ironing

I'm still working on a bi-weekly list, which is more deep cleaning, meal-planning and organization, but I really want to get it right, because if it doesn't work I won't do it. I've kept up with my weekly list thus week, but I'm sure it will take some getting used to, but I'm hoping it will give some structure and peace to a lifestyle that is sure to get chaotic at times.

Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Google