Thursday, April 9, 2009

New Baby Soundtrack

Monday was my first day home alone with the two kids. Me being me, I was terrified for the day to come and whipped out every trick in my bag in preparation for any disaster that might dare strike, including the use of unlimited television, if the need arose. I have a DVR, and I know how to use it. 

Of course, Luke being his mother's son has, like me, the attention span of a fruit fly, and by 8am the novelty of endless episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse had worn off. Fortunately, even without distracting the two-year-old with television, the day was shockingly (gulp) easy. Luke played trains, I showered (!!!), the baby slept, and the day went off without a hitch. If anything, I'm getting a little bored inside and am missing the warm weather and going to the gym every morning. 

Even though our options for entertainment inside are limited, we've kept the drone of the TV at a minimum and instead have resorted to listening to music. 

Here's a sample of what has kept us in step.


In a few weeks (or months...) we'll return back to the Dreamgirls Soundtrack and Queen, but for now, these ambient artists are a soothing background to our playtime.  

No comments:

Google