Monday, November 17, 2008

Snowmen and Santa

It's only November. Luke shouldn't have any recollection from Christmas last year, and yet, he's been asking about Christmas and Santa for days.

"Mommy, Christmas song?"

How can I explain to him my rule about no Christmas music until after Thanksgiving?

"Mommy, Santa come down?"

How can I explain to him that Santa will come down the chimney, to town, or whatever he expects, but that he has to wait a long time before that day.

"Mommy, Christmas tree, house?"

How can I explain that yes, we will have a Christmas tree in the house, but we have to WAIT!

And finally, how is it that he knows about all of these things?

'Tis the season...pretty soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uh oh... I have a confession. When we stopped by when you were at work, Luke may have brought me the Christmas DVDs and I may have sang "Frosty" and "Rudolph" to the kids, and I may have told him about the tree, and possibly Santa. I am in big trouble. That's okay, I won't sign my name, and you'll never know who did such a bad thing!

Mallory said...

How dare you!!!

Just kidding ;)

I should have figured that the Christmas-obsessed mommy at our house on Saturday, who shall remain nameless, infiltrated Christmas cheer before the proper season begins!

We're still drinking apple cider, and our table center piece is a bowl of gourds and pumpkins. I MUST use the cornucopia before the holly and berries, but Luke might push me otherwise.

Google