Sunday, January 27, 2008

Useless Information

It's so bittersweet to be back in St. Paul, and to be 'put' for two weeks. Tonight I made dinner for the first time in a long time, and I finally got a chance to catch up on the all the cleaning that's been neglected since Christmas. Working nights at the hospital gave me a few moments on the computer, but with a downside: no email, no facebook, no blogs, not even wikipedia! I did have access to Google though, and found some topics to search during those night hours when my mind was racing from interest and boredom.

I thought I'd share a couple of my googling adventures...

Nicholas Sparks' website. I've never read any of his books, so I don't know why I even visited. There's a FAQ section where one of the questions is "How do you write women so well?" The same question was asked in the movie"As Good as it Gets," but the answer isn't as sweet as Nicholas Sparks'. If I'm offending Nicholas Sparks' fans, I don't mean to. Romance must make me squirmy.

Then, I looked up the Robert Blake trial. Mark asked me the other day if I knew who he was, and I didn't. I had the perfect opportunity to learn. In the words of Maraka the Explorer "Do you know if Robert Blake was innocent?"

Okay, I'll stop now. Last night Mark and I watched seven episodes of "The Office," which must explain my dry attitude today. I better watch Mary Poppins tonight.

No comments:

Google