Monday, January 7, 2008

Links worth noting

I want to share with you a couple noteworthy articles I've read today.

Here is the first. It seems as though Hillary and Obama are in a competition over who is more devoted to killing unborn babies. What I find disturbing is the obvious likability of Obama. The article points out the endorsement of him by Planned Parenthood, and his 100% pro-abortion voting record. We see droves of young people at his rallies, and I predict he will be the democratic nominee. His charm and youth will undoubtedly capture many undecided voters.

This article is quite disturbing, too. A new (but elderly) priest is dismissed for preaching Catholic Church teaching in a homily. Apparently teaching the Church's stance on contraception and family is not appropriate for Mass. I was left dumbfounded after finishing this article continuing to ask the question "And the problem is..."

2 comments:

The mom said...

I am in shock at the second article. The diocese this priest is from is my diocese and I find it hard to believe that our Bishop would dismiss this priest for that homily. Our priest gives homilies like that all the time, does this mean he is going to be dismissed also. I just find this all very hard to wrap my head around.

Mallory said...

I feel the same. Either there is more to the story than they're revealing, or his dismissal had something to do with the outburst from the congregation. I get irritated at the homosexual community treating Mass as an opportunity to protest. As I was reading I was thinking to myself how I wish I heard these kind of homilies more often!

Google