Sunday, January 6, 2008

Oh Boy

There are so many mommy blogs out there that take the cake for funny things their kids do. But, today was a hoot.

My little man was playing so nicely in the living room this morning. I sincerely love mornings drinking my coffee, checking the news, email, and blogs, listening to music, and watching Luke at his best time of the day. After a minute of suspicious silence, I glanced over at Luke playing with his new wooden tool set. Horror set as I realized he had been dipping his hammer, screwdriver, nuts and bolts into a vat of vaseline, and subsequently rubbing it all over his face!

I know, what was I doing with vaseline within his reach anyway (and how come those stupid jars are so easy to open?) I'll get to that later. My picturesque morning was soon fading as I began to realize how truly difficult it is to wash vaseline off anything, especially hair, clothes, and toy tools. It's also pretty slippery if you accidentally get some on your wood floors.

Anyone who knows me knows that I typically carry a tub of vaseline with me wherever I go, no joke. But, it has come in handy these few days with Luke, too. I won't get into specifics, but a certain diaper area needs it as a barrier for many rashes and irritations. This brings me to my second story of the day. Because of Luke's little irritation I've been trying to have him go diaperless as often as I can. This, you can imagine, is a total utter disaster, but it must be done. In addition to dodging the hidden spots of vaseline on the floor to avoid falling flat, we are now avoiding other things that have a way of camouflaging themselves on the floor. It's amazing how baby poop looks so much like little trucks when it's all lined up in a row.

No comments:

Google