Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Christmas Vacation...

is coming to an end. We've spent the last three weeks at Mark's parents house during Mark's break from school. Now begins the dreaded task of trolling through the house for random items we're bound to leave behind. For some reason I find packing our things from a long stay terribly stressful. Here goes a big day of washing sheets, towels, and packing, packing, packing, packing!

This very well may be our last three week vacation for a long time. In a few shorts months law school will be over. Going through the law school experience, especially from my angle, is truly unique. I remember visiting a law school with Mark before he was enrolled and having discussions with third year students whom I was amazed were so articulate, polished, and remarkably professional even while talking to little 'ole me.

The education in law aside, the transformation of a college student into a "Doctor of Justice" is what I've most observed. In a world where formalities are almost obsolete, it's refreshing to see the professionalism and etiquette taught to and required for lawyers. Mark once told me that the word 'lawyer' meant something along the line of "master of language" and I think that the best description I've heard.

Please keep us in your prayers. This spring will bring a lot of changes for our family. A move from St. Paul is in the works, and so is living with Mark's parents while we house hunt and await the BAR Exam. For someone who doesn't like packing, I'll be doing a lot of it, and for someone like me who's a slave to her routine, I'll have many opportunities for Grace as I'm challenged in new ways to live in the present.

"Trust in the Lord, with all your heart." Proverbs 3:5

No comments:

Google