Sunday, December 9, 2007

Deal...or No Deal

On Saturday and open casting call for Deal or No Deal came to Inver Grove Heights, MN, less than a half hour from our place in St. Paul. We were in. All week we were scheming our strategies. Would we theme, have costumes? What would we say to be memorable? The whole experience would be an adventure, we thought. The night before I laid out our clothes to get an early start. To plan for the cold I had blankets ready to go and hot chocolate with a thermos.

Morning of we turn on the news to get coverage of the event. Five thousand people waiting outside hours before the casting even starts and below zero temperature. NO DEAL!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

last August jacob and I decided to try out for Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. The tryouts started at 8am, we got there about 7:30, waited in line for about 7 hours, failed the tests and had to walk several miles back to our car. The only things we got from it were a magnet and bd sunburn... not fun :)
Heidi

Mallory said...

Maybe I'm just naive, but I really thought that there wouldn't very many people there and that we could show up an hour early...what a rookie. That's awesome that you did that, though, I bet it was a good lesson for you!

Catherine said...

Haha, it was fun thinking about doing this. But I am glad we opted for the coffee shop instead!

Mallory said...

I'm glad that you and Tom weren't too bummed about us backing out! I was getting so nervous the night before worried about Luke out in the cold like that...but, I think that you and Tom didn't mind too much!

Google