Saturday, December 15, 2007

Abortion

Sometimes there aren't words for anything so awful. It's so easy to say I'm pro-life. In day-to-day life they're just words when not facing the reality of what abortion is. I try so hard to put myself in the position abortion providers and advocates. I try to see what they see and understand the passion for what they do. I try to understand, I try to have compassion, and I try to put myself in their shoes. That means that I have to try to look past the person, the person in the womb, the person being dismembered and killed made legal only because it's done inside someone else. With all the understanding I can muster I can't put the personhood of the child behind me. Images of aborted people enrage me, sadden me, and make me loathe medical professionals that believe that what they are doing is healthcare.

The article below is difficult to read, and I stopped the video because it was so disturbing. I have to wonder if I'm too understanding. Different work experiences have drilled 'tolerance' into my head despite my beliefs. I frequently add disclaimers to statements regarding my controversial standings instead of stating them with the vigor and passion that the unborn deserve. I wish I could do more.
http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2007/dec/07121401.html

No comments:

Google