Monday, December 6, 2010

Hairy.

I've never quite mastered grooming my two children properly. While they have no fear of the Abominable Snowman, the Sheriff of Nottingham or a vicious T-Rex, they are terrified of going to get their haircut. As a result, I don't take them as frequently as I should.

This is a problem. You see, if I may brag, my boys have some very nice hair. Really, it's a pity they're boys, and I figure that while my boys have had thick, dark, and curly hair nearly from birth, if I ever have a girl, fate would make her bald 'till three. Yes, the boys have some mighty beautiful hair that needs frequent trimming.

When Mark and I were engaged I bought a set of hair clipper and attempted multiple times to cut his hair. While I'd like to blame the clippers for the numerous lightening bolts carved into his scalp, I have to admit that it's just something I'm not very good at. A few years later when I tried to cut Luke's hair, he ended up screaming because the motor on the clippers had lost its juice and was catching on his hair. He ended up with a buzz cut at 18 months old. With Paul, I used a handy-dandy pair of hair cutting shears starting at 8 weeks old to trim the bangs that were getting caught in his eyes. Now at 20 months, the scissors have most recently turned his hair into multiple mismatched sections of differently-lengthened hair. It's looks atrocious.

Something needs doing. Especially before Christmas. In my Amazon cart as I type, a Chrome Wahl home hair clipping set sit. It's supposed to be the Cadillac of hair trimming. If I order it today, it will be here tomorrow.

In the meantime, it's a good thing it's cold outside, because my kids aren't going out in public unless they're wearing hats. Good thing.

3 comments:

Catie H, said...

These saved me with Linus!! They are silent (so no "scary" buzzing sound), they are are SOO easy to use (I've given Shane some bad cuts in the past, but not Linus!), and there's a great instructional dvd. I *highly* recommend!!

Catie

Catie H. said...

Oops, forgot the link!

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Norelco-CC5060-Kids-Clipper/dp/B002C741NQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1291740135&sr=8-1

Mallory said...

Thanks, Catie!! I wish I were better at this, the kids need haircuts all the time it seems! I won't let Mark make me cut his hair anymore since I'm terrified of him getting laughed out of court ;-) , but maybe if I get enough practice on the little boys I can try Mark again.

Google