Sunday, December 5, 2010

A boy!!

We found out on Friday that we're having our third boy! This is probably not news to (most) people who read this blog, as I announced our happy news on Facebook and have been gushing about it ever since.

We are thrilled. Probably me more than anyone, as I've been carrying this mysterious person for the last five months without knowing a lot about him. At least now I can call him, "him." And, after four and a half years of trying to figure out little boys, I finally feel that the third time around I may actually know a thing or two.

Really though, it comes down to this. I'm a simple woman, and I believe that God creates and knows us better than ourselves. I trust God. I trust that God knows my heart and its needs, and that God knows my strengths and imperfections. I trust that God has surrounded me with the raising of men for my own sanctification. I trust that His path is blessed, and so how could I be anything but happy with it?

We have been so blessed.

April cannot come soon enough :-) .

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Amen! Blessings to you and Mark. My mom had said how proud my dad was when Ryan (3rd) was born. He had grown up with "My Three Sons" and she said he had such an aire about him. ;-) Then I was born, Ryan died, and Steve came. Still 3 (4) and oh so proud.

I am proud OF you and FOR you. Wow. So excited!

Monica said...

Congratulations Mal! How exciting to continue diving into the world of little boys. :) Praying for a healthy, relaxed second half of the pregnancy for you!

Anonymous said...

You make me cry. I am blessed with these boys and can only marvel at the gifts given to me!
Nonna

Fuzzy said...

Congratulations! So exciting! My 2 friends have 3 boys, and it's a fun group. I want to tell you something I learned recently: we have some Poor Clares in our area, and they have been praying for "good, Catholic men" to be born to raise good families. Their prayers are strong, and I know yours will fit exactly in that category!

Mallory said...

You all are too sweet. Thank you for the tremendous outpouring of love and encouragement!!!!!!!!!!!

Google