Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Week in Pictures

Since we're at the end of Lent, and since I'm really bad at voluntarily sacrificing anything, I thought I'd give myself a big dose of humility. After all, as a blogger stalker, it's easy for me to look at some of my favorite blogs and to really, really think that those blogging mothers are perfect and that they don't have macaroni noodles stuck to their floors. I'm here to prove that at least this week, I can top them all.

Yeah, our dryer broke. Sad story. Good thing we have three staircases!



Our living room floor. The public library threw up right next to Luke's dirty underwear.


Why do I even try to grow a houseplant?


Just a little reality check on this beautiful, windy March Wednesday!

6 comments:

Theresa said...

Love this post.
What does your kitchen look like? Maybe I'll share the likes of mine on an average day. UGH....just can't seem to keep it clean no matter how hard I try.

Mallory said...

I have to admit that our kitchen is usually pretty decent. There might be pans in the sink to wash, but I'm pretty fussy about the stove and countertops being clean.

Of course, the center island is full of mail and to-do lists, but that's another story...

Anonymous said...

I might bring you a new plant. . . . wish I could bring you a new dryer!
YM

Sarah said...

This post is fantastic! Thanks for keeping it real!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mal! Ben is out of town and the house is already in shambles and I so quickly think "why does everyone else do it so perfectly" and you reminded me that we are all in this together..thanks!
maria

Anonymous said...

trust me....even when the kids are married and gone, it is still tough because I find myself asking do I clean today or have the kids over....well, the obvious answer just keeps my house looking "very" lived in and I love it! I always thought super clean houses just don't look very appealing or that life is being enjoyed! Someone once said to me "do you want your kids to remember that they lived in a spotless house, or that they loved their life at home?"....

Mimi S

Google