Thursday, March 11, 2010

We Made it!

I thought this day would never come. I thought that I would have two babies forever; two babies to feed, two babies to diaper, two babies to dress...forever.

The day has come: Luke can dress himself. I lay out his clothes in the morning and he not only can take off his jammies, but he can put his new clothes on, socks and all.

By Himself.

If you don't understand WHY this is so awesome, I'm guessing you haven't had the privilege of dressing and undressing a wiggly, club-handed boy for nearly the last four years.

I'm going to celebrate.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats!

Now that he can dress himself, watch out, he may want to DRESS himself, as in he will reject the clothes you lay out and pick his own clothes. Take my Claire: today she's wearing striped tights and a mismatched, inside-out, striped tank top that is too small. This is why we don't leave the house much...

Mimi said...

Wow, I totally understand how you feel! I remember the day when I rejoiced because I no longer had to cut up all the food before the kids ate. Treat yourself to caribou!

Google