Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Progress

Today I'm posting about my love affair with the YMCA. For the past ten weeks I have been counting down the days until PJ was technically (or a couple weeks shy of technically...)old enough for me to leave him for a forty-five minutes at Kids Kastle while I get in a quick workout. Today was my third day back, and honestly, this week has been a breath air because of it.

In my case, exercise isn't about weight loss or fitness. I enjoy being active and feeling fit, but exercise, for me, is an emotional and physically outlet. Yes, I get a "break" from the house and children, but it's more than that. I'm honestly a happier, more positive and energetic person when I can get a good workout in.

I'm a better mother when I get in daily exercise. I'm more laid back, more patient and much more energy to play and do activities with the kids.

I haven't done my pushups yet, so you'll have to wait until next week for my total. However, I'm happy to report that I have 17 pounds left of baby weight...that's a total weight loss of 28 pounds since the baby was born. Slow but sure wins the race, right?

No comments:

Google