Friday, December 12, 2008

What a Mess!

Luke's lunch request: "Uh oh, Spaghettio's"
We usually eat the same thing for lunch and I don't eat Spaghettio's, but not having much of an appetite this afternoon I complied with the request. Being the genius mother that I am, I have learned after many stained shirts that I should strip Luke naked to eat his canned goodness.

Soon he begins to cry. Then he is inconsolable. The bib, which is a pointless accessory in our house since food ends up on his belly and lap anyway, is clean, but his whole belly is full of spaghettio's and meatballs. His crying continued as I cleared the mess from his abdomen when I saw that his whole belly was red. Not that his belly isn't red all the time anyway, we're in constant supply of Rx Elidel and Hydrocortisone for eczema, but the spaghettio's were certainly not helping his already delicate skin.

So, we canned the spaghettio's (no pun intended), I cleaned him up, soaked his tummy with a warm washcloth, and fed him the rest of his lunch like he was 9 months old.

I'm not much of a genius, a bib doesn't work and now nor does being naked. I need a tarp.

No comments:

Google