Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Predictions

And the sickness continues.

My prediction for the New Year is that we'll be rolling it in with more bed sheet changes, more diaper changes, and enough laundry to last until Valentine's.

On a positive note, although I'm getting pretty bored at home everyday without anywhere to go or anything to do as a result of the combined forces of weather and a poopy/pukey kid, at least I've been forced to slow down, relax, and just enjoy the day. I get lots more hugs and kisses than I'm used to, and much more cuddly lap time. My hyper-speed two year old has even asked me to read a story without me trying to talk him into fun storytime. I'll enjoy the cuddles while they last.

In the meantime, I've ran out of books to read and I'm getting bored with talk shows and the endless eating of salty snacks. I can't think of anyone else to google, and I'm drained with topics to peruse with wikipedia. I might just need to spend the afternoon watching Pride and Prejudice while crocheting a baby blanket.

After all the hustle and bustle of the last week I realize I should be thankful for the slow down of the past few days, but I'm inevitably getting antsy and ready to start 2009 with vigor and fun. I think I can withstand the Cabin Fever another day or two, but predicting the sickness will pass by then, I'm more than anxious to get life going back on track.

Happy New Year!!

No comments:

Google