Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Jam-Packed

Okay, okay, I know! I haven't blogged in awhile. I've been busy and blah, blah, blah. Here's a recap of what I've gone through in the past week, so feel sorry for me.

1. Luke split his chin open after slipping in the bathtub. After a uncharacteristically peaceful trip to the ER Luke spent Christmas with five stitches in his face. FYI: this was our second trip for stitches in Luke's face, and no, I don't take any responsibility.

2. I sang, conducted a children's choir AND played trumpet for Mass Christmas Eve. I'm not bragging since once the actual singing and playing occurred I hardly had a voice left to sing and halfway through Mass my middle trumpet valve stuck leaving the only note left to play a perpetual F#. FYI: My spit is NOT an adequate substitute for valve oil.

3. On Christmas night two of my dear friends and I threw a party for my very best girl Jenni. When you throw a Bridal Bash on Christmas everyone is too tired and full to move much, but we had a great time laughing and eating anyway. FYI: I drank no wine, though I really wanted to.

4. The day after Christmas was Jenni's rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. I ate too much pizza. Poppy took out Luke's stitches, which unfortunately was more traumatic then actually getting the stitches. Luke later assured me, "Mommy, Poppy doctor, Poppy fix my stitches."

5. Saturday was the big wedding! It started with donuts, coffee, a hair salon and press-on nails. I sang again, this time in Swedish no less (!), and danced the nightaway. Jenni and Casey were lovely and I managed to only cry once.

6. By Sunday I was delirious. I don't know how we managed to get through Mass and lunch, but I crashed with Luke during his nap. Good thing, when he woke up he got the pukes, which leads me to...

7. After a crazy week behind on dishes, laundry, and every other task that gets pushed aside during a busy time, Luke gets sick. He threw up everything he ate all day Sunday and Monday. Household duties were pushed aside again as I cuddled, cleaned, and rocked the sick boy.

And now...laundry is the name of the game. After the sickness every blanket, set of sheets and pairs of jammies are soiled and stinky. Add that to the last week of laundry going neglected and it's apparent I have quite a situation on my hands.

Let's not forget that's it's VERY difficult to fold socks with fake nails.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

No comments:

Google