Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Power of Prayer

Things have been busy with the family. We take things day by day and slowly check off the to-do lists as more and more activities mount. As my previous posts have alluded to, I'm pretty much in "Auto-Pilot" mode these days and have been plagued with feelings that I'm not doing quite enough for myself, the family, the planet, whatever.

Through it all I've realized that I really need to return to prayer as nourishment for my soul when I feel like I'm running on empty. When feelings of inadequacy strike, prayer brings me back. My prayer for these days goes something like, "Lord, I don't know what you want with me right now. If I'm doing enough, make me feel content. If you need something from me, please open a door and throw it on my lap. I don't know if my time is time needed for You, if my treasure is Your treasure, if my talents are talents You need. I want to serve You, show me how."

Now, two days after Mark's graduation I have something on my lap. I have something to pray about and something to make a decision about. God listened, and now I have to answer.

No comments:

Google