1. I received a great phone call today from the pediatric medical supply company that Martha's tubing supplies come from. Her insurance will now begin covering her Neocate. I was able to get a month's supply from WIC on Monday (I was in a hurry before the funds ran out from the shutdown), and now I can rest easily knowing that from now on (fingers crossed), getting Martha's formula will be as simple as a phone call.
2. I am patiently waiting Luke's arrival home from school. It has been a good week, but I'm looking forward to having him in the house all weekend.
3. I'm bidding on a lot of used toys on ebay for Martha. They light up and make noise, which, with my other children, would have been out of the question. But I see their usefulness with Martha, and I'm excited thinking about how well technology is able to help young children communicate. If she can learn the concept of pushing a button to make sound, then we're set.
4. Looking through my closet, I have exactly one pair of jeans I like. It shows my age, but I really like wide-leg, trouser fit jeans. Do you have any idea how hard those are to find? I won't wear skinny jeans, matchstick jeans, or any other style of jeans that tapers at the leg. I just can't do it. Have I mentioned I'm only few months from turning 30? Are wide leg the new Mom Jeans? I pray not, I dearly love to look like I know what I'm doing.
5. In August I went full-blown Paleo. I felt great, lost a few pounds quickly, and had an enormous amount of energy. Mark was in it with me, too, and I had fun making different pureed soups and spaghetti squash; green smoothies. We fell out of it because we both love bread and potato chips. Ho hum. After a week of carbo-loading lamenting my eldest's stint at school, I feel like the big el crappo. I'm going to try Paleo again, or a modified version of it that includes Oreos, and see if I have a little more energy. We might decide to train for something, too.
Have a great weekend!