Saturday, April 21, 2012

Flashback

Mark and I have been having fun today with "Spotify," playing all of our favorite old, and new songs.

Mark was on a roll playing songs from our junior high and high school years, roughly...a-hem...ten years ago. Just because I was that kind of girl, I knew all the songs on the radio then, like lots of girls at the time. Mark was quizzing me this afternoon.

Better Than Ezra, Live, The Verve, Cardigans, Everclear, Incubus, Deep Blue Something, Savage Garden...on and on and on. Mark was impressed, because he apparently didn't spend his adolescent afternoons blaring music in his bedroom.

He thought he would stump me for sure when he played the first few notes of "Freshman," and then stopped it before the words started.

"Verve Pipe!" I shouted.

"How do you know all of these?" He asked.

I sang back, "When I was young I knew everything..."



Hee Hee.
(If you don't laugh, you didn't grow up in the '90's  ;-)  ).

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Ahhhhhh!!!! You are so cool! Love it!! We do that same thing over here. Are we nerds? Why, yes, yes we are! : )

Abby said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!! You guys are too cute for words. And sometimes I miss Everclear a little bit. :)

Mallory said...

Glad you liked that ;-) . There's been an awful lot of Third Eye Blind and Matchbox 20, Oasis, and Mighty Mighty Bosstones going on here.

I may be biased, but I think we had some pretty fun music!

Erin said...

Oh, Mark remembers the Mighty Mighty Bosstones! I remember every double date we went on either involved Justin singing "A Whole New World" or Mark singing "What just happened" or is it "Crossed My Mind"? I forget. Nobody rocks that song like Mark does. ;-)

Google