Thursday, May 27, 2010

Just When...

...I thought I was going to start blogging again...

*We all got the pukes

*Paul got trapped in the crib and we threw it away

*Luke fell backwards into a fire pit and nearly needed stitches

*And then, the last two days were so beautiful that it would have been wrong, yes wrong, to do anything but enjoy every last minute of them. It's Minnesota, and you never know when the weather might deceive you. So, we took advantage and threw naps and bedtimes out the window for two days and just played, played, played.

*Now...I have overtired and pink-skinned children.

*Oh yeah, and Mark thinks that we're going to train for a marathon. I ran 2.5 miles yesterday after not having run for a while. This could be interesting.

*We are seriously, seriously getting close to getting a dog. If we get a dog then I am certain that I will have something to blog about everyday. I'm not an animal lover, per se, but I have been thinking about getting a dog for a long time, and it's absolutely not something I am doing impulsively. We want a family dog. My heart actually longs for one, it's kinda weird.

*Paul is keeping us up. He's like the bipolar baby. He'll play and play, but then he'll cry and cry. We never know what we're going to get. If we could get him to sleep at night then we would feel like we could conquer the world. As it is, we're up at least three times a night and often up for the day before 6am. It's really not fair to anyone anymore. Hopefully a solution is in store soon.

There's our business for today! Not much for posting this week, but it's just been "one of those" weeks. Enjoy the sunshine, if you're near it. I could never tire of this weather.

2 comments:

Kendall said...

It would be about time for Luke's annual stitches, wouldn't it?

A dog? Isn't there enough going on in your life right now? You are crazy!!!

Mallory said...

Yes, as I examining the gash in Luke's head I was thinking "We ALMOST made it a year without stitches!" It actually wasn't nearly as bad as I originally thought.

The dog. I know. It will be like having a third child. I know this. But, we want a family dog, and I'm realizing more and more that life isn't going to get any slower or easier. Before we know it we'll be busy with sports and activities and be even MORE busy. We've been waiting patiently for five years to do this, and we both just kinda think it's "Now or never." We'll see!

Google