Thursday, July 9, 2009

Scents of the Season

Our internet access is still touchy. I'll do the best I can, but wanted to blog about the smells of summer...

I love the smell of grass that has just been cut.
I love the smell of clean cloth diapers after drying all day in the sunshine.
I love the smell of my musky baby, with long unkempt hair, certain to be breastmilk laden.
I love the smell of barbecue chicken on the grill.
I love the smell of my sweaty three year old, just like a puppy.
I love the smell of lavender water sprayed on bed sheets after they've been changed.
I love the smell of Sweet Basil growing in my garden.
I love the smell of dirt, caked on pudgy hands and feet after playing outdoors all day.
I love the smell of morning after a humid day brings a night-long rain.
I love the smell of my nourished, satisfied baby; his breathing so close to my face.
I love the smell of roasted garlic, which I use on everything.

I love summer.

No comments:

Google